BT Press publishes books for practitioners of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy.
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) has been used in individual counselling, family therapy, schools and social work contexts in the UK for over 30 years. It works especially well in the voluntary sector: Research shows it to be effective in 65-80% of cases within only 4-5 sessions. At least 30,000 practitioners have taken SFBT training courses in the UK.
SFBT is a goal-directed collaborative approach to psychotherapeutic change that is conducted through the observation of clients’ responses to a series of precisely constructed questions. SFBT doesn’t explore the history and provenance of problems, it focuses on the present and addressing what clients want to achieve.
To find out more about our publications, choose from the list at the left. Entries marked with a include sample pages in PDF format.
- Problem to solution
- Solution-Focused Schools
- Creating Positive Futures
- Becoming a Solution Detective
- Whose Life?
- Beyond Survival
- Solution Focused Recovery from Eating Distress
- A Field Guide to PossibilityLand
- Moved to Tears, Moved to Action
- Solution Focused Thinking In Schools
- Solutions in Schools
- Searching for Strengths in Child Protection Assessment