BT Press publishes Solution-Focused Brief Therapy books
New for 2021: Beyond Coping – Bring about changes you want during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
After over 20 years of publishing books for SFBT practitioners, we are proud to present our first book for the general reader.
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) has been used in individual counselling, family therapy, schools and social work contexts in the UK for over 30 years. It works especially well in the voluntary sector: Research shows it to be effective in 65-80% of cases within only four to five sessions. At least 30,000 practitioners have taken SFBT training courses in the UK.
SFBT is collaborative approach to therapeutic change that is conducted through the observation of clients¹ responses to a series of precisely constructed questions. SFBT doesn¹t explore the history and provenance of problems, it focuses on the present and addressing what clients want to achieve.
To find out more about our books, choose from the list below.
- Beyond Coping: Finding Your Way Forward
- Solution-Focused Schools
- Creating Positive Futures
- A Field Guide to PossibilityLand
- Becoming a Solution Detective
- Solution Focused Recovery from Eating Distress
- Solutions in Schools
- Beyond Survival
- Searching for Strengths in Child Protection Assessment
- Solution Focused Thinking In Schools
- Whose Life?
- Moved to Tears, Moved to Action
- Problem to Solution